Collegedale Academy Student Support Services
Working Together to Help Students Develop Socially and Emotionally
Early Childhood - 8th Grade
Whole-class social emotional lessons are taught every other week to our ECEC-5th grade students, and once a month for 6th - 8th grade students. Lessons cover topics such as:
- Making and keeping friends
- Setting goals
- Making good choices
- Being responsible
- Managing strong feelings
- Conflict resolution
- Different types of communication
- Developing empathy
See our monthly newsletter for specific topics and activities:
March 2023 | April 2023
The 3rd grade Kindness Council volunteer to participate in doing kind things for students, staff, or people in our community
Special events and speakers:
- Quarterly Parent Nights.
- Events such as the Living Library event: community members who serve as "living books" as they share about their culture with the middle school students.
- Guest speakers who present on specific topics for the students.
- Partnering with area organizations to provide professional development for our staff.
ECEC - 8th grade Referral Requests
Parents can submit a request for their child to speak with a counselor to get individual support for a specific concern.
Contact Our Counselors
ECEC - 8th Grade:
Amanda Ancheta - firstname.lastname@example.org
Amber Vaudreuil - email@example.com
Dave Djernes - firstname.lastname@example.org